Title: Operations Associate
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Pay range or rate: $45,000-$50,000
Supervisor: Director of Finance and Admin
Revised: January 2024
As a vital member of the OC Action Team, the Operations Associate, reporting to the OC Action Director of Finance and Administration, plays a crucial role in providing comprehensive administrative support to ensure the financial health and efficient operations of the organization. Tasked with supporting the Director of Finance and Administration, this position focuses on key aspects of financial management, record-keeping, and logistical support for administrative functions within OC Action.
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration on bi-monthly Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Duties
- Maintain meticulous records for OC Action
- Provide logistical support for administrative meetings, including staff retreats and in-office reviews
- Oversee office maintenance, monitor supplies, and ensure timely restocking
- Weekly retrieval and sorting of office mail
- Support in making bank deposits
- Support with human resources services for OC Action including onboarding, termination, and support.
- Engage with external audiences on behalf of OC Action in relation to customer service
Minimum Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a diverse team environment
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Alignment with the philosophy and goals of OC Action
- Availability for some evenings and weekends
- Possession of a current and valid California Driver’s License, with transportation for travel to conferences, meetings, and trainings; proof of car insurance
- Verification of employment eligibility and Background Check
- Regular attendance
- Experience working with underserved communities.
- Prefer individuals with flexibility and initiative.
- Self motivated-proven ability to work independently and in a team and to overcome obstacles.
Environmental Conditions (Working Conditions)
The environment for this position is an office environment (may include shared space) as well as out in the field, exposed to weather conditions and noise level prevalent at the time.
In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, standing, driving, walking, typing, filing, listening and speaking.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate any/all of the following: tolerance for distractions and interruptions.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Please e-mail resume and 2 professional references (past supervisors including e-mail address and phone number) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OC Action is committed to a long-term progressive transformation of the Orange County electorate and will continue to move towards the change that our people deserve.
OC Action is an innovative partnership of community-based organizations committed to increasing the quality, scale and effectiveness of civic participation in communities of color and among low-income populations. Partner organizations are: Resilience OC, Orange County Asian Pacific Islander Community Alliance, Orange County Congregation Community, Orange County Labor Federation, Orange County Environmental Justice, AHRI for Justice, and the California Healthy Nail Salon Collaborative.
I have been given a copy of this Job Description. I understand that I may be asked to perform duties not listed on the description and that management may change this position description at any time according to Agency needs.
Orange County Action (OC Action) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer