Garden Grove City Council District 2
OCCET Action endorses Julie Diep for Garden Grove City Council District 2.
Julie Diep is a business owner and therapist, founding a non-profit organization to improve the lives of people with speech disability or autism.
Diep’s top priorities include:
- economic recovery that promotes small businesses and full employment
- streets that are safe to walk
- public parks
Some of the individuals and organizations that endorsed Julie Diep include:
- Democratic Party Local Chapter
Garden Grove City Council District 5
OCCET Action endorses Bob Tucker for Garden Grove City Council District 5.
Bob Tucker is a retired queer union representative and local activist. Tucker works at the Garden Grove Unified School District as a union-appointed personnel commissioner, and is involved with the Santa Ana Workforce Development Board’s Youth Council as well as the local Home Owner’s Association.
Tucker’s top priorities include:
- ensuring that Garden Grove spends its budget in community services instead of allocating 52% towards police
- expand latinx community outreach
- address COVID economic issues in the city
Some of the individuals and organizations that endorsed Bob Tucker include:
- U.S. Representative Lou Correa (CA-46)
- Kim Nguyen, Garden Grove City Council Distrct 6
- Orange County Labor Federation
Garden Grove’s city government has six City Council members and a Mayor. City Council members establish city policy, pass ordinances, and vote on the budget. The Council appoints a City Manager, who oversees the administration of the city.
Garden Grove transitioned from at-large elections to district elections in 2016 in compliance with the Voting Rights Act. The Mayor is elected at-large.
The Mayor and City Council members for Districts 2, 5 and 6 will be elected in 2020.
Ad Paid for by Orange County PAC (FEC ID#C00754192), Sponsored by Orange County Civic Engagement Table Action
Committee Major Funding from
SSP Universe Trust
Not authorized by a candidate or a committee controlled by a candidate.