OC Action was founded in 2017 to build an AAPI-Latinx-Labor-Environmental Justice Alliance and to develop progressive political power. This has been the result of decades of community organizing and integrated voter engagement in the region. Underrepresented communities across Orange County have undergone significant shifts in local empowerment in recent years.
OC Action is committed to a long-term progressive transformation of the electorate and will continue to move towards the change that our people deserve.
- Do Disneyland, Irvine Co., pay enough property taxes?Disney and the Irvine Company are vastly under-assessed, just on land alone. – OC Register
- Job: Policy DirectorWork with the OC Action team at the front lines of creating progressive change in Orange County, California!
- OC Politicians Use Public Resources to CampaignOrange County supervisors are bringing out into the open a debate that’s long hung over them: Do they use taxpayer dollars to campaign They’ve acknowledged they do.
- Tom Daly Won’t Seek ReelectionLongtime California State Assemblyman Tom Daly (D-Anaheim) announced Thursday he won’t seek reelection this year, leaving an office that represents the heart of central Orange County’s interests in Sacramento up for grabs. – Voice of OC
- 3 OC supervisor seats up in JuneData shows Republicans hold slim registration advantages in Districts 1, 3 and 5, and Democrats with bigger advantages in Districts 2 and 4. – OC Register
- Newport Beach police feared ‘cover-up’ by DA SpitzerA Newport Beach police supervisor raised concerns several weeks ago that the Orange County District Attorney’s Office was trying to “cover-up” racially charged comments made by DA Todd Spitzer, according to a newly-released memo he sent to a judge. – OC Register
OC Action educates voters on key issues that impact the community to bring progressive change in Orange County. OC Action is tax exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(4).